Tuesday, May 26, 2015

boho wall hanging

So if you didn't know, fiber weavings are totally trending right now and as much as I love the bohemian look and feel of a weaving, I personally have no time to learn (not yet)! So I decided to come up with something that had the same look and feel but made use of the materials and skills that I already have- painting- to create a boho inspired wall hanging.

I am most comfortable using canvas but just about anything could be used for this project- fabric, leather, denim, even thick paper. I started by cutting a large strip of canvas and painting it white.

Then I sketched out my design. This took some planning but I finally settled on some shapes and pattern that I see in both weavings and rugs.

Next, I painted everything. Since the shapes and designs were simple, I really needed vibrant color to add some POP! 

Once the color was dry, I used one of my favorite supplies- Tulip Dimensional Paint (or puff paint) to add lots of tiny embellishments.


The last step was to create faux fringe at the bottom of my wall hanging. I simply cut the bottom into strips and then gave the ends of the fringe a little trim.


I really love the way it turned out. It's great way to add bright color and bohemian flair to a room!

20 comments:

Unknown said...

The wall hanging looks gorgeous!!!

http://blog.timetocreate.com.au/ said...

What fun!

An_Geli_Ka said...

absolut cool - easy to make...if you want to weav this..you'll need lots of time ;-)

Tehlikeli Tuval said...

great, i love it))

Unknown said...

great color!

Deniz said...

Great idea! I always wanted to make my own wall hanging. But, I am not a patient person to weaw one of those. This is great for me. Easy and fun!

jabbott said...

Really good

CathyB said...

beautiful, i love it!!!

CathyB said...

beautiful, i love it!!!

Patricia said...

Love it very much.

Julie Arthur // alonewithmytea.com said...

Oh my goodness I love that. I doubt I could make it look anywhere near as good as that though. :/

Tanja said...

What a brilliant idea!! Love the Colors, too.

I'm Sara. said...

Brilliant idea because I'm in the same boat as you! Wanting to weave but not enough time. Thanks for continuing to inspire!

dmvoccola said...

Love, love, love! You are such an inspiration!

Carolyn said...

Soooo creative!

Brig said...

Awesome. I love it. Clever girl!!!

miguerreroymiprincesa said...

Lo adoro!!!

Unknown said...

Short SMS Messages for Father’s Day


Short Quotes for Fathers Day


Fathers Day Short Quotes


Fathers Dy Quotes for my Dad


Love Quotes for Fathers Day


Short Sms for Fathers Day


Fathers Day Sms

Download 2018 said...

I was about to say something on this topic. But now i can see that everything on this topic is very amazing and mind blowing, so i have nothing to say here. I am just going through all the topics and being appreciated. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Excellent blog you have here but I was curious about if you knew of any community forums that cover the same topics talked about in this article? I’d really like to be a part of online community where I can get advice from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Appreciate it softonice | canon support | drivers and software

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails