Thursday, April 30, 2015

clay plant stakes

If there is one thing that I love to give and receive it is plants and with Mother's Day right around the corner, I thought I would share one of my favorite ways to add a little bit of whimsy to a plant. Adding a decorative stake to a potted plant is a really fun way to incorporate something fun, especially when giving a gift.

I used oven bake clay because it is super easy, colorful and a fast!
I created round flowers and leaves- I kept the design of the flowers simple because Lucy was helping with this project- she was in charge of rolling out all of the little balls of clay.
I poked a hole in the bottom of each flower and then baked them in the oven according to the directions. After removing them from the oven I mounted the flowers onto stakes.

I love that there are endless ways to put your own spin on this project! I also love that with a few simple supplies, a pretty plant becomes even prettier!

7 comments:

jabbott said...

Cute x

Erin Fish said...

What a lovely idea! I love how you involve Lucy in all of your creative endeavours!

studioGypsy said...

bright gorgeous little pops! they almost look good enough to eat! :D xoxo

Brig said...

I LOVE these! Maybe I should make them for MYSELF for Mother's Day?

JillO said...

Is sculpey clay weather-proof? They would look great in the fairy garden that I have, but I wouldn't want them to fall apart in the first rain.

Unknown said...

They are so cute~ It's a great idea if I teach this for my little cousins and she can learn a new kind of clay flower :) Thanks for sharing :)
happywheels | car game | racing game | game online

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
Keep on posting!
Signature:
i like play happy wheels demo online and play happy wheels games full and zombie tsunami , retrica , retrica camera, happy wheels game , agario

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails