Thursday, April 30, 2015

clay plant stakes

If there is one thing that I love to give and receive it is plants and with Mother's Day right around the corner, I thought I would share one of my favorite ways to add a little bit of whimsy to a plant. Adding a decorative stake to a potted plant is a really fun way to incorporate something fun, especially when giving a gift.

I used oven bake clay because it is super easy, colorful and a fast!
I created round flowers and leaves- I kept the design of the flowers simple because Lucy was helping with this project- she was in charge of rolling out all of the little balls of clay.
I poked a hole in the bottom of each flower and then baked them in the oven according to the directions. After removing them from the oven I mounted the flowers onto stakes.

I love that there are endless ways to put your own spin on this project! I also love that with a few simple supplies, a pretty plant becomes even prettier!

13 comments:

jabbott said...

Cute x

Erin Fish said...

What a lovely idea! I love how you involve Lucy in all of your creative endeavours!

studioGypsy said...

bright gorgeous little pops! they almost look good enough to eat! :D xoxo

Brig said...

I LOVE these! Maybe I should make them for MYSELF for Mother's Day?

JillO said...

Is sculpey clay weather-proof? They would look great in the fairy garden that I have, but I wouldn't want them to fall apart in the first rain.

Little Pony said...

Great! Thanks for sharing the information. That is very helpful for increasing my knowledge in this field.
pac man
happy wheels
my little pony games
hulk games
mickey mouse games
car games
bike games
fun games

happy wheels said...

Thank you very much for your post, it makes us have more and more discs in our life, So kind for you, I also hope you will make more and more excellent post and let’s more and more talk, thank you very much, dear.
happy wheels| friv|monster high| shooting games| tetris| 8 ball pool
cool math games| barbie games| friv4school| agario| sudoku

Phoebe Vuong said...

They are so cute~ It's a great idea if I teach this for my little cousins and she can learn a new kind of clay flower :) Thanks for sharing :)
happywheels | car game | racing game | game online

hoa huy said...

Big Farm

Big Farm is an awesome multiplayer farm management game made by the Goodgame Studios.
Your mission is simple: Create a big farm, grow crops, breed animals,
and become the richest farmer of the universe. Enjoy Goodgame's Big Farm!

Happy Wheels said...

Thanks for sharing this quality information with us. I really enjoyed reading.
Keep on posting!
Signature:
i like play happy wheels demo online and play happy wheels games full and zombie tsunami , retrica , retrica camera, happy wheels game , agario

lân Mai said...

I just want to say : why you do not click to play
super mario | mario games | brain games | puzzle games | tetris | happy wheels | agario | abcya | happy wheels the game free | happy wheels

lân Mai said...

I just want to say : why you do not click to play
super mario | mario games | brain games | puzzle games | tetris | happy wheels | agario | abcya | happy wheels the game free | happy wheels

lân Mai said...

I just want to say : why you do not click to play
super mario | mario games | brain games | puzzle games | tetris | happy wheels | agario | abcya | happy wheels the game free | happy wheels

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails