Tuesday, April 22, 2014

baked and glazed doughnuts

I am obsessed with doughnuts and few years ago I shared a yummy baked doughnut recipe. Since then I have been experimenting and playing around with different doughnut recipes and I think I've got one that I'm happy with. I tried it out over Easter weekend to my delight the doughnuts were a hit!

While I love anything fried, I really like using a doughnut pan because baked doughnuts are a little bit  healthier than fried (and they make me feel less guilty about splurging on toppings).

INGREDIENTS:
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
1 egg
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 and 1/2 teaspoons vanilla

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a doughnut pan.

Mix dry ingredients and set aside.
Whisk the wet ingredients together and pour into the dry.
Stir until combined.
Fill doughnut cups with batter.

Bake for 10 min or until the edges are lightly browned.

I decided to have a little fun creating a few different glazes:

plain glaze:
1/4 cup of milk
2 cups of powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

orange glaze:
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons orange juice

strawberry glaze:
handful of strawberries- pureed
2 tablespoons milk
2 cups of powdered sugar

Combine the glaze ingredients in a sauce pan over low heat. Whisk until the glaze is smooth.


chocolate glaze:
1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoon milk
2-3 tablespoons powdered sugar









12 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, my son would love you!
barbara bee

Ingrid Orens said...

Yummy !! No other comment needed :-)

Elisabetta Brustio said...

I'm hungry!!! mmmm.....

Joanne said...

I am trying these this weekend!

swimyellowduck said...

Great idea for Cousins Camp--Grandkidz would love!

Cathie said...

Even your doughty are full of life, and fun, and color!

Cathie said...

oopsy! "doughnuts"

Crooked Feather Studio said...

I never thought of baking doughnuts that takes away half of the guilt right there! I will have to try these thanks for sharing 😊

Anonymous said...

I LOVE cake doughnuts! Never thought about using yogurt in the recipe before. Don't have a doughnut pan either. Hmmm...I'm either going to improvise or go shopping :) Thanks ever so much for sharing this!

Andria said...

Oh, dear. If I made these, I think I might officially win "Best Mom Ever". I might need to go to the store today...

Katie Cannon said...

I just made these. I love this recipe. I doubled it and it made 1 & 1/2 dozen donuts ,they are going to make great gifts to our neighbors this year. Thanks for sharing this.

grosir obat said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I am happy to find your website and can join to comment
I think is very valuable to be able to read your writing, and on this occasion will I use for my reference source
Thank you so much for sharing, I hope you continue to write spirit next topic

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails