Tuesday, November 27, 2012

flower beanie hat

IMG_5280
Winter had arrived- at least in Oregon and its time to pull out those beanie hats! Since I wear beanies just about every day, I am always looking for new ways to mix it up. 

Picture 2
A quick trip to the .99 cent store (one of my favorite places) to purchase a variety of cheap hats and scarves that I can alter! 
Another great alternative- recycle old or outdated sweaters.


n copy
I started by cutting scarves into strips and turned them into rolled roses (see my rolled rose tutorial here).  I never get tired of creating rolled roses out of all kinds of fabric!




IMG_5293
The result is big chunky roses!
Using a needle and thread I sewed the roses to the surface of my .99 cent beanies. 

IMG_5297
IMG_5289
A quick and colorful hat to pull out on those chilly days!

IMG_5282
IMG_5284


14 comments:

Sweet Thoughts by Mary said...

I always admire your ideas and all of your work!
You are amazing!!!
And Lucy is sooo cute!

Mary

Яна said...

So simple and so beautiful!!! Thank you for the idea!!

Erin Fish said...

These are adorable and Lucy is even more adorable in this funky fun hat.

clara said...

Beautiful girls!!!
Great idea!

Monica said...

What an awesome idea! I'm going to have to hit the Dollar Tree! You two are adorable!

Nicole said...

Simple and sweet idea!!

Lovely Idea

Memory box at 27 said...

I just can't find right words to describe how much i adore your blog and you as an artist. So much inspiration..every time I visit your blog I feel full of ideas and want to doodle asap. oh and I think Lucy looks like her daddy on these pics :) what a cutie!

Mary Ann said...

what a gorgeous picture of you and lucy!!! thanks for sharing. ox, mary ann

Unknown said...

loooove it

liniecat said...

Lucy looks such a cutie in her hat!!
How lovely to be matching too lol

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Such a cute way to dress up a winter hat!

Vicki said...

I bought a perfect, black wool beanie at a garage sale last summer, but put it on and went - wait, seriously, did my butt just get bigger?!? Maybe adding some of these beauties will balance me out a little bit? One can hope... :o) Thanks for such a lovely idea! You two are the cutest of the cutie pies in these pictures!

studioGypsy said...

Love it! Just perfect! :)

Donna said...

What a cutie Lucy is, such a sweet smile.
Cute idea, my girls would LOVE these!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails