Monday, June 01, 2015

fruit slice placemats

Summer is right around the corner (despite being fogged in for the last couple of weeks) and I'm in the mood for summer inspired projects. We love using placemats at meal time and recently I had the bright idea to create some colorful fruit slice placemat- a perfect accessory for summer meals!
I kept it really simple and used canvas for this project.

I started by cutting out circles from canvas and painted them with a thick coat of white paint.

Next I sketched out my design and then using acrylic paint, I painted each fruit slice.

The last step was to seal everything. I used a thin coat of Mod Podge for a little bit of shine and to seal the surface.

I LOVE how the placemats turned out! 

I don't think I will ever stop getting excited about how much you can do with paint and canvas!
]


12 comments:

jabbott said...

These are fab x

Nela Dunato said...

Great idea :)
We've been looking for placemats that don't look like crap forever. My partner doesn't want bamboo ones because they're difficult to clean so we have really ugly plastic ones. It never occurred to me to paint my own!

Elisabetta Brustio said...

Così si che è estate!!!
Now it's summer time!!!!
Eli

Evergreen Mo said...

These are great fun. Just right for summer

Unknown said...

Great projects!

Unknown said...

These are adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Really good idea. They came out great! How big are your circles?

stefanie stark said...

Oh how I love your placemates!!! Even my husband was inspired when I showed him this wonderful idea! Many thanks!

Vimax Asli said...

Thank you for sharing in this article
I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
I am happy to find your website and can join to comment

AlexM said...

Such a wonderful idea! Love your results! Thanks again for being such an inspiration. I follow your blog since years ago, and I am still in love with it.

Unknown said...

Fathers Day Sms in Punjabi

Fathers Day Messages in Punjabi

Fathers Day Punjabi Sms

Fathers Day Punjabi Messages

Fathers Day Punjabi Wishes

Fathers Day Quotes in Punjabi

Fathers Day Punjabi Quotes

miguerreroymiprincesa said...

Fabulous!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails