Tuesday, March 01, 2011

herb roasted potatoes

IMG_8341
My theory with many things in life- is that you just can't go wrong with simplicity. In my opinion the most simple of ingredients make the most delicious dishes. You don't need a lot of fancy things to make yummy food!


IMG_5636
I love potatoes more than anything and my favorite way to make them is with simple and easy ingredients-



IMG_5640
a variety of good quality baby potatoes


IMG_5639
pearl onions



IMG_5643
FRESH herbs- I like to use rosemary, sage and oregano


IMG_5644
salt (and pepper)


IMG_5645
olive oil


IMG_5647
garlic


IMG_5649
I start by preheating the oven to about 400 degrees and then spread the potatoes in a pan.
Drizzle olive oil over the potatoes and toss until they are all coated.


IMG_5650
Add a handful of pearl onions and garlic.
Place the pan in the oven and roast for about 45 minutes or until brown and crisp.



IMG_5658
While the potatoes are roasting, chop up all the fresh herbs.


IMG_8347
Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss with the fresh herbs, salt and pepper.


IMG_8342
Serve warm or cold, as side dish or even a main dish!
I make this dish at the beginning of each the week so we can enjoy throughout the week.


IMG_8349

20 comments:

özlemköse said...

Hi Alisa
let me give you another potato salad which is one of the Turkey's special salad. Boil potatos (it does not matter how big size it is)and then peel off and cut them. Put fresh green dill, dry mint,dry oregano,diced onion(doesnot matter which kind of) and diced or blendered garlic, lemon juice and salt as well. Mix them in the same bowl. Its delicous especially if it waits in the fridge one or two hours.

Enjoy it :):)

Pamela Holderman said...

You are making me so hungry - skipped dinner. I always love visiting your blog. It gives me much joy!

HerminiaRegolf said...

Looks delicious!!!

Miss Marple said...

Sigh, although I haven't had breakfast yet I can smell your potatoes up here ;-)I am getting hungry now!

Moois van mie said...

njam!!!!!!

Саша девочка said...

it's very appetizing!!!

laurie said...

my mouth is watering! i love potatoes, too, so i will have to try this. your presentation is so simple and eye-catching.

Teodo said...

Fantastic a very good recipe.
ciao ciao

Happy Mama (Lisa Gonzalez) said...

These photos are so gorgeous. My mouth is watering just looking at them. I LOVE roasted potatoes, but I have admit I always used dried herbs. I'm going to try this recipe. Yum!

Ariadne said...

Yummie,they look delicious and I am sure they are!You just made me hungry!AriadnefromGreece!

Melissa Lynn D said...

Yummy! I don't even know what else to say - just YUMMY!!! :)

whyducks said...

Sounds good.

Michelle Frae Cummings said...

this is wonderful! i love potatoes too and any chance to use the fresh herbs from my garden is a winner in my book! Thanks fro the beautiful mouth watering photo's! :)

Helen said...

Ooh I love roasted potatoes done like this, especially with a salad!

Kay said...

mmmmm mmmmmm good

Kelley Hart said...

Such gorgeous photos today! I love the one with all of the ingredients laid out. Made me smile, and I needed that.

jackie said...

Thanks I enjoyed the blog today, and the potatoes look tasty too.

Janee Lookerse said...

I'm definitely making these!

xoxo
Janee
yellowbirdyellowbeard.blogspot.com

arlene said...

I love the idea to add the herbs after they are done roasting. Lovely post!

Tammie Lee said...

oh yum, that sounds and looks wonderful!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails