Friday, August 13, 2010

mini lemon blueberry trifle

h

When it comes to dessert, I am a fuity kind of gal- though I enjoy chocolate I crave sweet and sour fruit flavors. I have been wanting to put my own twist on a simple trifle that incorporates some of my favorite flavors.


IMG_2263

No time over here to make cake from scratch so I used a boxed lemon cake mix and turned it into a pound cake-

1 box of cake mix
1 package 3.4 oz of lemon instant pudding
4 eggs
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of vegetable oil

bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes


IMG_2265

I cut it up into cubes.


IMG_2302

The best part of this dessert is making homemade whip cream.
Start with a cup of whipping cream.
1/3 cup of sugar (optional)


IMG_2270

Whip with a mixer for about 5 minutes or until it is thick and fluffy.


IMG_2271

YUMMM!!!!

IMG_2277

Next I filled the cups- I have a set of cute little trifle cups that are perfect for this dessert.
I started with whip cream,


IMG_2279

added a layer of cake,

IMG_2274

added a handful of blueberries,

IMG_2280

and continue building layers until the cup is full.

IMG_2281

add a big dollop of whip cream to the top.


IMG_2275

Then I added just a pinch of toasted coconut to the top.

IMG_2282

I wanted a little extra lemon so I added a little squeeze of lemon to the top.

IMG_2289

OH GOODNESS....YUMMMMMMMMM!!!

IMG_2287


LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails