Thursday, August 05, 2010

curry chicken salad sandwich

IMG_2181
Lunch seems to be the easiest meal for me to skip or even go rogue with (do you know how easy it is to eat a whole bag of animal cookies when you are home by yourself all day?) Currently I am working 12 hour days so it is a MUST to eat good meals to keep me productive and energized to create all day long. One of my favorite meals for lunch is a curry chicken salad sandwich- it is easy to make and full of flavor.


IMG_2165
Start with chicken that is shredded or diced.


IMG_2166
Add curry powder- the amount will depend on how big of a batch you are making and how much flavor you want. I used about 2-3 teaspoons of curry powder for a small/med batch- which is quite a bit- I like lots of spice! If you are not familiar with the flavor of curry, start small- you can always add more flavor at the end.


IMG_2169
Add a smidge of cumin- when I say smidge I mean just a TINY pinch or dash- it will go a LONG way!


IMG_2170
Add a squirt of honey,


IMG_2175
cranberries,


IMG_2177
and chunks of apple.


IMG_2171
Last, add mayonaise- I have a hard time with mayo (it grosses me out) so I try not to use a lot and I use a lighter version.


IMG_2178
Mix everything together.


IMG_2179
The key to a good sandwich is good bread- don't be afraid of bread! I used some fresh bread from my favorite bakery and added the chicken salad.


IMG_2180
Enjoy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails