Tuesday, December 08, 2015

a year of pottery and new pottery in the shop


Many years ago, I had a dream for the future of my family and business. My dream was to work alongside the people I loved. To collaborate on ideas and projects and live a life with love and creativity at the center. While my business is still evolving in all kinds of new and exciting ways, this last year I added pottery to the many things that we do over here. It was the best decision I've made. 

Over the last year, we have gathered together as a family and played, created and bonded over clay. My dad has shared his 40 plus years of knowledge and experience as a potter and has patiently taught us as much as he knows. Lucy went from being terrified of getting dirty to sitting at the wheel making  pots on her own. 

We've come together as a family to produce unique collections of pottery and out of all the wonderful things I get to do in my creative business, pottery has been the most profound and special. Each piece has been made with love, family and creativity at the center. While I won't be quitting my day job as an artist and teacher to become a potter, I am so excited for our future collaborations in clay!


pottery from Alisa Burke on Vimeo.




We've got our last batch of pottery for the 2015 now in shop! Head on over to see the entire collection HERE






You can view my entire series of pottery post HERE

14 comments:

LL said...

What a lovely video! And thank you for posting the group of pottery posts - there were a few I must have missed before. It would be great to see a video of your mom making the slab bowls too...especially love the flower and heart shapes.:)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Amazing! I just love the whole family collaboration. And the fact that Lucy is now comfortable enough to use her foot to mold the clay. :)

Creative Khadija said...

This is amazing Alisa, How cute :)

Maya Kuzman said...

I love your pottery Alisa. I am smitten by your collection!I have always wanted to work with clay and made countless necklaces, beads and brooches with ordinary clay in the past as a teenager. The love persisted and just a couple of weeks ago I visited a workshop where I got to work on some jewelry pieces with proper clay and now I am waiting for the glazing class - the anticipation is building up thinking of all the colors I'll use and how they will all turn out.

Anonymous said...

Beautifull family!!

mb-RI said...

Your work is just beautiful!

Unknown said...

Yay! I have two of your pottery pieces! Love all of your work, wake up every morning and start my day with your blog. Beautiful family!

Bonnie P said...

That was amazing to watch!!!! So beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Family is everything, how wonderful yours creates together. xox

Anonymous said...

it is so exciting to see a family come together and share their talents TOGETHER!! (Was Andy bringing pizza? LOL) thank you for sharing your special people with us.
Jennifer and Robert in Texas

studioGypsy said...

so special! and what gorgeous bowls!! xo

Brig said...

You are soooo talented!

Nicole Pepper said...

Oh you guys!! I' am so deeply touched to see you all doing pottery! Yay!

Stephanie said...

the pix of Lucy are priceless!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails