Thursday, July 30, 2015

whimsical bud vases

I love collecting little flower buds from the garden and I thought a set of tiny whimsical vases would be a fun way to display those bouquets.
I decided to use Fimo for this project- it is easy to use, affordable and from my experience, (and research) it is waterproof once baked in the oven.
I started by sculpting a simple head.

I added rabbit ears and small details.

I made a hole in the top of the head,  (deep) enough for a small flower.

The last step was to paint them with a light coat of pink acrylic paint.

Such a cute way to display little flower clippings!


8 comments:

Stephanie said...

These are adorable! I could see using these as a pen or paintbrush holder for my work table! My daughter would love to sculpt one for her little bouquets she collects from our walks! :)

Mark Montano said...

You are truly talented and I absolutely adore your work.....WOW!

Melody said...

I didn't realize it was waterproof after baking! Great to to know!! Love them! :))))

Rosss said...

Son muy bonitos y originales para floreros.
Besos

studioGypsy said...

oh that is just the BEST!!! :D lovelovelove!!

Catherine Athena Louise said...

Reminds me of The Wicker Man and in a good way! C xo

Giggles said...

These are stunning Alisa... such fun too! You may want to moderate that last comment on Makewells signs...plus a reply to another commenter...looks like some really ugly spam there!!

Hugs Giggles

swaggy said...

Wow what a Great Information about World Day its very nice informative post. thanks for the post.
Home and Roost

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails