Thursday, May 26, 2011

buffalo chicken salad

IMG_0623
Now that I am finally back home and back into my routine it is time to get back into the kitchen! Recently I ordered a yummy buffalo chicken salad while out to dinner and thought it would be really easy meal to make at home. If you love spice this is a fun, easy and flavor filled salad to make.


IMG_0599
First I started by making the buffalo sauce. There are all kinds of ways to create a yummy sauce but I kept it simple.

your favorite hot sauce- I used about 1/2 cup
about 2-3 tablespoons of butter
a sprinkle of salt and pepper
a little bit of minced garlic
and a dash of white vinegar


IMG_0601
I combined everything in a sauce pan and warmed it on med/low temp. until the butter was completely melted.


IMG_0602
I cut up some chicken breasts and then covered them with the sauce (I saved a little bit of sauce for later)


IMG_0605
I placed the chicken in a baking dish and baked at about 350 degrees for around 10-12 minuted or until the chicken was cooked.


IMG_0606
While the chicken was baking I made a batch of cornbread that would be turned into croutons.
Since I was in a hurry I used a box mix


IMG_0607
IMG_0609
and lined a shallow cookie pan with batter. I baked and then cut it up into cubes and baked the cubed cornbread again for about 5-7 minutes to get them a little more crispy.


IMG_0612

IMG_0610
Once the chicken was done, I removed it from the oven and tossed it with a little more of the buffalo sauce.


IMG_0613
Next, I prepared the greens.



c
Because the chicken is spicy it is nice to have a something to cool things off- you could add your favorite cheese, blue cheese crumbles or even a creamy based dressing.


IMG_0618
Last, I added the chicken and the cornbread croutons and tossed everything together.


IMG_0620
The result is a yummy, easy meal with TONS of flavor!

14 comments:

Rebekah Leigh said...

mmmmmmmmm this sounds & looks AMAZING!

So Yeah So said...

Looks absolutely amazing!

dg8357 said...

Oh my that looks delicious! I definitely will be trying this out,thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

This looks so yummy!

mauihumv@gmail.com said...

Yum sounds good.

Annette, Kent, Signe & Anni said...

Did you have this salad at Inspired? I did & loved it - especially the croutons. Thanks for making me realize how simple it could be to make at home. Duh!

Anonymous said...

Yum yum! Will have to try tomorrow after I go to the store.

Alia said...

Hi,

Im ur follower!

Great site, love the posts!

Do visit my blog too at http://aliascreativelife.blogspot.com/

Sonya Luna said...

Go Jiffy Mix! Made in Michigan!

Kay said...

you are an amazing girl..wow

Sharilyn Miller said...

Looks great! When are you going to write your cookbook?

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Yum!! I have had all these things separately, but never all in one salad... what a great idea!

Unknown said...

Cornbread croutons never occurred to me! *mental note*

Anonymous said...

Made this with boneless chicken thighs and it was really, really good! Cornbread croutons work great.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails