Friday, August 28, 2009

Online Classes


I have been working on getting my creative life organized and now that I have more time, trying to plan out and fine tune my online classes. I have finally completed all the information for my fall and winter online workshops and while I have them posted here on my blog, I have been working on adding a new section to my website with my teaching and online class information. I am SOOOOO close to being done with it and will announce when it is live but I am working slower than usual due to the HOT weather here and the lack of AC in our home!! But here is the initial information for fall and winter online classes.....


ONLINE WORKSHOP MISSION

There are many online workshops out there at different prices with different content. When I decided to offer an online option, I set out to create a structure that is similar to taking a "live" class from me. My mission is to provide an affordable class with a learning environment that resembles a live class or retreat where you are watching demos, learning and then creating on your own during a limited amount of time. This means that all videos and lessons are only available during the dates that the class is offered. My philosophy is that this format inspires productivity, creativity and accountability in the creative process. Because of this I strongly recommend that if you are taking one of my online classes, you set aside time each week to access the lesson, watch the videos and then set aside time to create. I have created the weekly lessons with this format in mind.

ONLINE WORKSHOP FACTS

Classes runs for 5 weeks (except for the Haute Holiday class) and you will be able to access the site 1 month after the last lesson
Classes cost $50 (thats only $10 a week!!)
Classes will be held on a private blog that only registered students are able to access.
Basic computer skills are needed (be able to login, access a blog, etc)

THERE WILL BE:

TONS of photos
Step by step visuals
Over 20 video lessons (of yours truly teaching and demoing in my studio but not in my pj's)
Pdf download- outline of the entire class to take away from with you
Tips and lots and lots of inspiration to download.

A high speed connection if definitely recommended (because of the above!)
New lessons will be posted each Monday and throughout the week there will be additional posts full of inspiration, you will have the opportunity to work on projects at your own pace.
Supplies needed are very simple, inexpensive craft items- (I strongly believe creating art should not cost a lot of money!!)
Over the 5 weeks I will also include live and private chats AND as much email support as needed.

REGISTRATION:

Payment is accepted via PayPal (if you need an exception to this please email me and let me know).
Feel free to register anytime before the last day of class
Refunds will be made until the first day of class. After class starts refunds will not be given unless it is a special case.
Once you register and pay, you will receive an email confirmation within 72 hours with a supply list, details and login information about the site where the the class is held.


Anti Scrapbook
Starts September 21st
runs 5 weeks
$50.00

For some reason I never took to traditional scrapbooking, in fact I just might loathe it! To begin with I am not traditional plus I am not very organized, I don't like all the products you feel pressure to buy, it seems to require lots of money spent, it takes a lot of time and quite frankly its just too organized and mainstream for me (please don't be mad traditional scrappers!)
But... I do LOVE taking pictures, in fact I take my camera everywhere, I love and appreciate documenting and preserving special moments, in true artistic form I enjoy putting my own creative, messy, recycled spin on photos and with a background in fine art- a completely unique approach to preserving memories! This class is for anyone out there ready to try something new with photos, scrapbooks, logging memories and preserving history, a class for those who don’t want to spend lots of money, who are ready to rebel when it comes to scrapbooking!
Prepare yourself for a little punk rock, paired with fine art, joined with nostalgia, meets recycling, loaded with TONS of creativity!

To Register




Adventurous Accessories
Starts October 26th
runs 5 weeks
$50.00

I have a confession to make... I am an accessory junkie! For some reason I love purses, hats, scarves and all kinds of jewelry and can alway find space for more. As usual my motto when it comes to accessories is why spend money when you can make your own?!

This class is something I have been planning for a while and it is just in time for holiday gifts! From hand painted scarves, altered hats to earring and purses- I will share all kinds of projects, techniques an inspiration to create your own handmade accessories. As usual, I will incorporate everyday supplies, recycled materials and lots of PAINT!

Get ready for an adventure!!

To Register
Starts November 2nd
$50.00

Full of inspiration, gift ideas and even a holiday decorating, this class will motivate you to create your own stylish holiday! You will learn simple and easy techniques, unique projects that incorporate paint (of course), fabric, found objects recycled materials and more, motivation to incorporate unique concepts and approach to spending little to no money on gifts!

A little different from the 5 week structure this class has just as much information (and maybe more) presented all at once so you can get work on creating your very own haute holiday right away!

To Register




Graffiti Chic Part II
Starts January 25th
runs 5 weeks
$50.00

If you enjoyed Graffiti Chic then I think that you are going to LOVE part 2!!
We are going BIGGER, MESSIER and more WILD!
Building on the lessons from part 1 we will take graffiti to the next level- tagging (your own property), creating graffiti inspired fashion, working really large, getting more creative with images and lettering, inspiring excursions and much MORE! This class will continue to inspire you to think and work outside the box!!!!




2 comments:

jackie said...

I know you must see lots of your students work, but I thought you might like to know I have linked to your blog and put up some work based on your video lesson.
http://stitchworks-jackie.blogspot.com/

Obat Kuat said...

thank for sharing

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails