Thursday, May 22, 2008

Burnt Out

It is official…I am burnt out. The weeks seem to be blending together for me- I am plagued by impatience- waiting for this time of transition to come to and end- to have a fresh start with new ideas, opportunities, and outlook. The last few weeks have been focused on more renovations (we are so close) but even BIGGER for me is transitioning out of the mentoring program that we live and I work in. The last 3 ½ years of my life have been spent living and working with college students, home has not ever really felt like home to me- I work all day at my job and then come home to work with young adults- I have become accustomed to late night knocks at the door, friendships with people who remind me of my own youth, and lots and lots of drama! Though the last few years have taken a toll on my energy, my daily routine and sometimes even my marriage- I would not trade it for anything. Working with young people keeps you fresh and current, giving of yourself is wonderful, it has inspired my art (which I have amazingly fit into this whole crazy routine) and I leave my role as a “live in mentor” a better, stronger and more confident person. As I say goodbye to my role as a mentor, I cannot help but feel a huge sense of relief and excitement about starting over as a “normal” adult who lives in a normal home that will not have to juggle the responsibility of college student’s health and well-being… Instead it is time to focus and worry about my own. In the meantime, I will try and continue to embrace our renovation, enjoy picking colors and furniture design and continue to prepare for my book release- that is enough for now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails